The Edon Northwest Local School District accepts new students throughout the school year and the summer. If you have recently moved into or are interested in open enrolling into the Edon Northwest Local School District please call to schedule an appointment. You may schedule an appointment by calling the High School or Elementary Office at 419-272-3213.

Office Hours:

Monday - Friday
7:30 AM - 4:00 PM

At the time of enrollment Parents/Guardians are required to bring the following documentation:

Proof of the child’s age

(birth certificate, passport, attested transcript of a hospital record)

Parent/Guardian Photo Identification

(driver’s license/military ID/state ID)

Proof of Residency

Consisting of a deed, building permit, rental agreement, tax statement, voter registration card, or completion of Form 5111 F2a or Form 5111 F2b.

Proof of Custody

If the child is NOT living with BOTH biological parents listed on the official birth certificate, and there has been a court determination of custody, you must provide:

  • A copy of the complete journalized, court document (divorce/disillusionment decree, shared parenting agreement, or other court determination of custody) including the cover page with filed/date stamp, page stating legal custodial/residential parent, and judge’s signature page.

  • If legal custody is being established or changed, the petitioner has thirty (30) days from the date of enrollment to produce a signed Journal Entry of Judgment establishing a change in custody. In order for your child to be enrolled during this waiting period, you must provide a copy of the filed/date stamped motion petitioning the court for a change in custody.

  • The general rule in Ohio is that an unmarried female who gives birth to a child is the sole residential parent and legal custodian of the child until a court issues an order designating another person as the residential parent and legal custodian.

Current Immunization Records and School Records

We will request your child’s official records from their previous school; however, it is helpful if you provide an unofficial transcript or the child’s most recent report card, and Special Education records (IEP, ETR, 504 Plan) if applicable. Please bring along the name, address and telephone number of your previous school.

If you have any questions about the enrollment process or residency requirements, please contact the High School or Elementary Office at 419-272-3213.