Attached is the 2017 Bethlehem Area School District Program of Studies which explains what coursework each student needs to graduate, along with course descriptions and career pathway plans.
*Remember, though, each student who has an IEP, has as an individualized graduation plan based around their personal choices for Transition after high school, including three key components:
- Post-Secondary Education & Training
- Independent Living
- Bethlehem Area Vocational Technical School (BAVTS) - this is the local Vocational Technical School where both Freedom and Liberty students attend for specialized training in these career related areas.
- BASD requires that each student completes 60 hours of Community Service. Now is a great time to start! Click on this link: Community Service, to find out more and see updates and opportunities.
- Access Freedom High School's Guidance Department in order to discuss any concerns or questions you might have and get updates on upcoming college or career exploration events.
- Utilize Naviance to search out college information, complete career and transition surveys and gather recommendations from teachers.
Transition Questionnaires & Resources
You can complete these with your child, but always feel free to reach out to your child's Case Manager, Guidance Counselor, or Assistant Principal if you have any further questions or concerns. We are here to help!
Use this Planning for the Future Checklist for guiding activities to consider for each age range, as your child progresses through the transition process.
Complete the Parent/Student Transition Input Document to share with your child's team regarding their future plans.
Use this Student & Family Interview to identify areas of need and strengths when planning for Post-Secondary and Life-Long Learning and Skills.
- Attached here is the application to participate in the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR) services for the state of Pennsylvania.
- These services provide a safety net and resources for all qualifying students from the time of graduation through the age of 62. Very worthwhile and helpful program!