UCAS - Information for Students and Parents
All students wishing to make an application to university will need to register with UCAS. Registration for the next academic year opens in May. Students are required to write a personal statement in support of their application which must be no longer than 4,000 characters or 47 lines.
Personal statements are an opportunity to describe to universities what skills, ambition and experience the student possesses which make them suitable for the course. Further information on how to compose a personal statement can be found on the UCAS website, together will other information relevant to the application process and making course choices.
Key Dates and deadlines
- 15th October 2017 - Deadline for Oxford and Cambridge and courses in Medicine, Veterinary Medicine/Science and Dentistry
- 15th January 2018 - Application deadline for the majority of undergraduate courses
- 25th February 2018 - 2018 entry Extra opens
- 24th March 2018 - Application deadline for some Art & Design courses
- 2nd May 2018 - Reply deadline (if all offers received by 31st March)
- 7th June 2018 - Reply deadline (if all offers received by 3rd May)
- 21st June 2018 - Reply deadline (if all offers received by 7th June)
- 5th July 2018 - Clearing opens
- 16th August 2018 - A Level Results Day