Work For Us
Greenwood Academy is a vibrant, successful 11-18 Academy situated in the heart of Castle Vale and is part of the Academies Enterprise Trust (AET) family of schools. We currently have 840 pupils on roll and are growing every year. As a member of AET we believe that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
At Greenwood our core values are Respect, Responsibility and Resilience and this forms the foundation of our school culture. We also believe that instilling a 'Growth Mindset' will allow every child to unlock their full potential. We offer a wide range of opportunities beyond the core curriculum whether in the Arts which includes school productions, dance, drama and music performances or through our extensive Sports programme which takes advantage of grass and 4G pitches, Sports hall with specialist dance studio and Multi Use Games Area.
What we offer:
- A regular and bespoke CPD programme as soon as you are appointed
- We do not grade observations, we believe that trusting our teachers with autonomy creates a strong, vibrant staff culture
- A knowledge-based curriculum in which teachers are encouraged to teach without constraint
- Work-life-balance – slimmed-down marking, a centralised homework policy, no parents evenings and minimal reporting and data entry
- Tight behaviour systems including SLT lead centralised detentions to allow you to focus solely on teaching
- World class facilities and technology in the form of Google Classroom and a Chromebook for every teacher
- Private health care through AET
- Substantial TLRs for the right candidate