CLX second graders had an amazing LEAF residency with visiting artist Darrell Rose this fall, 2019. Darrell is a world renown percussionist who has played with many famous groups such as The Wailers, Dave Matthews Band, and many others.
Our Lion Dancers and drummers made our Chinese New Year celebration special!
Upcoming Arts Events
- January 2020: Arts support of 5th grade Jason Reynolds author study on the theme of Identity
- January 24, 2020: Chinese New Year celebration
- Week of February 10: Spring After School Arts Classes Begin
- February 2020: American Heart Association Jump Rope for Heart
- February: New Monuments Arts Workshops in collaboration with 3rd grade
- New Monuments Field Trip with DeWayne Barton February 5 and 6
- February 13, 2020: Valentine's After School 3rd - 5th Grade Dance
- February 18, 2020: Asheville Middle School Chorus, Strings, and Band visits Claxton to play for our 5th graders.
- Jason Reynolds author visit to ACS, 5th grade field trip March 26
- Derrick Barnes author visit April 3rd