Geochemistry & Microbiology LWG Home
The overall objective of the Geochemistry and Microbiology LWG is to:
- Promote regular discussion to maximize the usage and science of the geochemistry and microbiology onboard and shore-based facilities
Specific tasks are:
- Review of cruise evaluations from each expedition
- Review of technical reports from each expedition
- Debriefing from the sailing staff after each expedition
- Recommendations for improvements related to instrument performance, sample handling protocols, etc.
LWG meetings are usually held within a few weeks after the end of every other expedition (~2-3 meetings per year). All members are expected to attend, if their sailing schedules allow.
Action items are discussed and assigned during each meeting with follow-ups expected the next meeting or through email. Agenda items are related issues flagged for discussion at the next LWG meeting and are encouraged from all LWGs and departments.