1. Don't carry heavy stuff (e.g. tins - unless you want to and you can)
2. Waterproof everything and carry extra plastic bags. Use a pack-liner and put things in plastic bags inside the pack liner.
3. Organise your pack
- heavy vs light
OR usefulness and accessibility during the day
- pack things inside other things
4. Carry what you need to be comfortable and have fun, e.g. tea-light candles, cards, wet-wipes
5. Pack for safety
- yellow pack liner from Macpac also can be emergency shelter
- have an emergency kit
From those who have gone before:
"Pack light! Don't bring anything unnecessary."
"Be prepared, don't pack the night before"