SHHS Drama Parent Booster Club
Theatre Angles are the parents who act as the support group for the SHHS Theatre Program, Drama Club and Spontaneous Combustion Improv Group. The goal is to assist the Drama Program in their productions by helping in various duties.
In order to make each show a success we need parent volunteers who are willing to donate an evening or two throughout the school year, or food and drink donations.
Below are areas of need:
- Rehearsal Dinners – provide food for a dinner at school during dress rehearsals (potluck and donations)
- Food Donations - Donate drinks, water or food for backstage tables during shows and candy and soda for concessions at shows
- Backstage – offers assistance to cast members and food setup during the show in the Drama Hallway
- Ticket Sales – sell tickets for performances
- Concessions – sell concessions for plays/musical/improv shows
- Advertising/Publicity – assist in selling ads for the programs, personal ads for the musical, and publicity for shows
- Flowers – organize the purchase, pick-up, and selling of flowers for the musical
- Decorating – decorate the Drama Hall to honor the cast and crew on opening night
- Photography / Video - help with taking photos or videos of the shows to share with the cast
- Photo Boards – mount photos taken at dress rehearsal for display during the show
- Tech/Sets/Props – help with set construction, sewing or acquisition of props
- Theatre Angels Member - serve the Theatre Angels as concessions chair, advertising/publicity chair, or rehearsal dinner chair
Theater Angels uses concession proceeds as a major fundraiser. The more items donated, the more the SH Theater students benefit!
All Theater Angels fundraising proceeds are used to purchase items for the Drama Club, offering scholarships for students, and/or grants for student activities or other theatre program needs.
If you are interested in volunteering for an event or being a part of the SH Theatre Angels Board, please contact Mr. Brown or the Parent Volunteer Coordinator.
We are also looking for sponsors. If you own a business or have a business that would like to advertise to the Smoky Hill community, please contact Mr. Brown or the Theatre Angels Coordinator.
The current Theatre Angels Parent Volunteer Coordinator for 2018-2019 is Courtney Werner. She can be contacted at 318-331-4333 or at email@example.com.