I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the Web Design course at Colonia High School. This course is a project-based course designed to give students an introduction to the design, creation, and maintenance of web pages and web sites. Students will learn how to critically evaluate website quality, they will learn about web standards, and they will learn how to create and maintain quality web pages. Most importantly, students will learn to look at the DESIGN aspect of a website; how the look & feel of a website affects the consumer as well as the marketer.
At the end of this course, you will:
- Have the skills and project based experience necessary to pursue further education in web design and development
- Be able to use a variety of tools and strategies to create websites
- Be able to read and write basic HTML code
- Demonstrate an understanding of image editing software & WYSIWIG web design software
1. What is the internet vs. world wide web vs. a website?
2. What constitutes a “well designed” website?
3. What do we mean by ‘user experience’?
4. What is a UX designer’s role? What are the differences between a web designer and web developer?
5. What creative processes and critical thinking skills do you need to design a website?
Web Design is a "R" track class offered through the Business Department.