School Committee Transportation Policy
The Walpole Public School Department shall provide town paid transportation to students in grades K-6 who live in excess of 2 miles from their assigned school. All other students in grades K-12 have the option to purchase a bus pass through the Fee Based Busing Program and will be accepted on a space available basis. This policy will also affect students who attend non-public schools and are transported to school via Walpole Public Schools’ buses.
- All students need to be registered annually if bus service is desired.
- Registrations for bus transportation should be completed online at www.myschoolbucks.com. Online registrations include bus fee waiver requests. Go to “School Store” and “Featured Items”. If you cannot complete the bus registration online, an application is on the Walpole Public Schools website at www.walpole.k12.ma.us. Click on the Transportation button on the left.
- Students will not be issued a bus pass unless all fees or charges are paid or waived in the registration process online.
- Prior to the start of school, bus routes will be published in The Walpole Times and on the Walpole Public Schools website for specific pick up and drop off locations.
- Bus passes will be issued at each school during the first week of classes.
- Bus service will include pickup and drop off at the same location each day (for grades 1-12) with exceptions being made when road, safety and weather conditions dictate differently. Mid-day kindergarten drop off points will be at the home where allowed by policy.
- The school district does not prorate the fee for one way transportation or for less than full use.