Aspen Family Portal
Family Portal FAQs:
Part of our Strategic Plan... The Aspen Family/Student Portal supports the goals of the Walpole Public Schools to engage students and their families and provide opportunities for communication. Providing timely information for parents, guardians and students about student performance serves the school system’s Strategic Plan priorities of maximizing individual student achievement and enhanced relationships within our community.
What information is available in this account? (Middle and High school now, will be rolled out to elementary in the coming weeks.)
- Student details, Parent/Guardian emergency contact information, attendance records.
- Report Cards will appear under ‘Published Reports’ on the Home Page
- Next Year Homeroom assignments for elementary students will be posted in your Aspen account mid-August (date will be announced in June).
- Note: Gradebook and Assignment features are not enabled for elementary students at this time.
How do I access my account?
- Click the Aspen icon below to access the Aspen log in page. This link is specific to our district and should always be used to access the portal. You can use the Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer browser, but pop-up blockers must be turned off.
- Enter your unique Login ID and Password exactly as it appears at the bottom of your school issued portal letter or email message. The first time you log in, you will be prompted to choose and answer a security question for future password recovery.
- Pay close attention to the Primary Email Address listed in this window, this is the email address communication will be sent to you, including password recovery and/or direct communication from teachers or school/district Administrators. We highly recommend using a Gmail account, as this is compatible with our systems. Some email programs (Yahoo, Outlook, Verizon, msn, aol) have filters in place that restrict or block messages from systems such as this.
How do I navigate the program?
- Home Page: ‘Published Reports’ will include Report Cards as they are made available.
- Family: All of your enrolled children will be listed here; let the school’s Main Office know if a child's name is missing from your list.
- My Info: Contains student details, Contacts, Attendance, etc. Contact the Main Office of your child's school to report errors.
- Help: Select User Guides > Family Portal under the “Help” menu for further details.
Where can I view my child's homeroom assignment?
Upon logging in to Walpole Public Schools' Aspen site, homeroom assignments are listed under the "Family" tab for each active student. Homeroom assignments are updated mid-August for the following school year.
Can I update my email address or change my password?
- Log in to X2 and click on "Set Preferences" in the upper right hand corner of the window.
- Click on the Security Tab to change your email or password.