Important message regarding parent email addresses
We are receiving reports that parents with @AOL and @Verizon email accounts are having difficulty receiving emails from the Principal's Newslists and Aspen parent email notifications. This appears to be related to strict filtering rules being applied by AOL and Verizon (now run on AOL servers) to mitigate SPAM from these types of distribution lists/mass-mailing systems. There are no issues with Gmail accounts.
Here are some suggestions you can try to remedy this situation and ensure you receive school email:
- Check your SPAM folder - if you find school emails in the folder you should indicate that they are not SPAM.
- Add our domains to the Safe Senders or whitelist in your email client web interface. You may need to do this in the full web interface, you might not be able to do this with a phone client, or with the mobile version of their site:
The process for adding sites to the safe senders or trusted sites list is managed differently in each email program. Click here to view a document with instructions for many common programs.
- If the options above do not resolve the problem, you can create a new Gmail account.
- Add the new email to your primary or alternate email yourself by logging into the Aspen Family Portal and adjusting the email address under "preferences" on the "security" tab.
- Subscribe to the Principal's email list(s) again with this Gmail address.
- If you prefer not to use the Gmail account as your primary email, set up a forward in that Gmail account to send all emails to your Verizon/AOL/Hotmail account.