Show the class an everyday consumer product. Teach us about ONE organic molecule found in it! It can be a food, a beverage, a cosmetic... just about anything!
- Draw the structure on the board.
- Tell us about any interesting chemical or physical properties.
- Tell us where the molecule is found (Natural? How is it isolated? Synthetic? How is it made?)
- Teach us anything else you found interesting about the molecule. (Uses? Toxicity? History?)
- Write out the IUPAC name of the molecule on the board (you do NOT need to memorize this).
- Good sources: Google Books, wikipedia, textbook