AP CHEM TEST PREP
60 multiple-choice questions
90 min, NO calculator
7 free-response questions
105 min, calculator
"What's probably NOT on the AP chem exam?"
- Nuclear chemistry
- Exceptions to electron configuration (e.g. Cu and Cr)
- Quantum numbers (n, l, ml, ms)
- Phase diagrams (P vs T graph)
- Molality (∆T = iKm)
- Crystal structures
- Trigonal bipyramidal (sp3d) and octahedral (sp3d2) hybridizations
- Molecular orbitals
- Lewis acids and bases
- Arrhenius equations, ln (k1/k2) = (-Ea/R)(1/T1 - 1/T2)
- Polyprotic acid titrations
- Organic nomenclature
You will be assigned one free-response question to teach the class, showing all work, no notes. (The question will be projected on the screen, and everyone will have a copy in front of them.) This counts as one test grade
- Present for 10 - 15 minutes
- Go over all parts of the question.
- Make sure your answers are correct.
- Tell us the point value for all parts.
- Tell us the topic(s) of the question.
- Have good eye contact & be audible.
- Be an active audience member during other presentations.
- 100 = Outstanding & unforgettable
- 95 = Excellent
- 90 = Good
- 80 = Fair
- 70 = Poor
Dr. O will give you a packet with all the free response questions we'll cover. Lost it? The link is above.