Ainslie Meares on Meditation. Published 2017.
Ainslie Meares on Meditation. The first Book published in 2017
At the simplest level the book contains:
- a biography of Ainslie Meares,
- Relief Without Drugs (distilled version) by Ainslie Meares,
- 30+ samples of Meares' poems plus more.
The author says “I read everything Ainslie Meares wrote from about 1949 forwards – if I missed anything it was pretty well hidden”...“in 2014, I started writing a bibliography and people told me I should write a book. I put into this book what a lot of people told me they wanted to read about the man and his method.”
The book includes:
- Foreword by Pauline McKinnon (Psychotherapist, Past President of Australian Meditation Teachers Association and well known Author)
- a biography of Ainlie Meares
- Relief without Drugs by Ainslie Meares (with NEW 1 page summaries of the Relaxing Mental Exercise and Notes on Pain prepared by the Author)
- 30 Sample Poems (to aid choice of which poetry books to get)
- Ainslie Meares teaching protocol, meditation practice and other health practices.
- The Refinements After Relief Without Drugs – Stillness Meditation: Learning Stillness, Experiencing stillness meditation outside the classroom and Living Calm – bring the calm into daily life using several practices Meares wrote about.
- A list of Meares' books together with the Editor's recommendations as to which are best to get in 2017.
- A summary of books by other authors about Meares' method.
- Plus more
© O.Bruhn Copyright 2016