IHartHarvest Inc. - The Potato Project
A Unique Ministry Answering Local Hunger Issues
We are a Faith Based Diaconal Mission organized as volunteers coming together raising fresh food, provided freely to local food pantries and regional Food Banks such as the Greater Berks Food Bank, all for neighbors in need from Berks County, Hamburg/Fleetwood/Kutztown, PA and beyond. USA, ET.
ENTER PROJECT SITE:
A 2019 Note: Past Websites are not Maintained. Egro, links and pictures may not function or display.
GoTo (2019 and forward); New Design: Website
The NUMBERS are IN for 2017s Harvest.
- SWEET CORN: 6,919 Pounds, CARROTS: 30,607 Pounds, POTATOES: 229,694 Pounds, WATERMELON: 751 Pounds.
- 267,971 Pounds Total - ALL FOR LOCAL HUNGRY NEIGHBORS IN NEED.
- We reached a calculated 46,000 families, being 115,000 souls in the region with that circulated harvest in 2017. We surpassed 1 Million Pounds of Food Donated since 2009, during the 2017 season. This harvest in 2017 being valued at: $203,657.96 @ $.76/pound.
- We harvested 5,000 bushels of Field Corn in 2017, all rendered to Albright's Mill, to help start the 2018 Budget Season which will be our 10th year of charitable operations.
- 183 volunteers came in April to help cut Seed Potatoes for the 2017 Planting Season.
- 663 volunteers came to help with Harvest for Sweet Corn in August through Carrots & Potatoes in Fall. 846 Volunteers in all.
- We left unharvested: 16 rows at Miller's Plot being about 8,500 pounds of Potatoes, and over 1 Acre of Carrots about 30,000 pounds or more at the Heritage Center.
All for local hungry neighbors in need. Well Done Everyone !