Good to know
1. Where are you located and why your location is there?
- We are within walking distance of most guesthouses and hotels in Banlung, the provincial capital of Ratanakiri.
- Because of our house is there, so we don't have to pay for the rental anymore ,it is also an opportunity for our clients to get a better price,discount 10% directly.
2. Can I book tours with Green Jungle Trekking Tours from my hotel, guesthouse or lodge?
- Sorry, we don't have any partnerships yet. Emailing or calling us is the best way to book your tour — we can respond in French or English.
- We can come meet you and organize a trip at your guesthouse or hotel. Many travelers decide who to trek with when they arrive in Banlung. We arrive with maps showing the various routes we can take then plan out the one that sounds most interesting to you.
3. How can I get to Ratanakiri province or Banlung city?
- Don't worry! A decade ago, the main roads were often difficult to traverse. In 2018, it's pretty simple and there are new roads that lead into Banlung. Almost every town in Cambodia has a variety of buses to choose from — that is how most visitors come to Banlung. Check out the wikitravel list of current bus operators around the country to find the best ticket from your location. In Phnom Penh, there are many VIP minibuses which leave in the morning at 6-8 am. You should arrive in Banlung by 2 or 3 in the afternoon. Also around 1–2 pm, there are a few night buses to Banlung city, a trip lasting only 7–8 hrs. It's easy to find buses, VIP buses, night buses to Kratie, Kompong Cham and Phnom Phen by simply typing "[Your City] to Banlung bus ticket" into Google.
- If you are in Siem Reap, there are a few VIP minibuses which leave around 7–8 am. It will take 6 hrs (the return trip is also the same).
4. Do I need a Visa to enter Cambodia?
- This depends on your nationality and how long you plan to stay in Cambodia. Almost every country outside of ASEAN nationalities needs at least a tourist Visa (a 30-day visa), a $30 USD one-time fee you pay on arrival. If you plan to stay longer, ask for a Business Class Visa at the border station or airport (you will still need to renew this after a month, but the rules are currently in flux so check for the most recent information). Googling "[Your Nationality] + Cambodia Visa" is probably the best place to start. While this information is mostly still true, some countries have changed their policy recently so make sure to check with your consulate or embassy.
- For more information, please email us, we are very happy to help with all your questions.
©2018 Rithy Thomas and Green Jungle Trekking Tours. All Rights Reserved.