Annual Mixed Charity Tournament
Mixed Charity Tournament for Movember
*** Important! The date has changed! ***
2018 Tournament is on December 9th! Put it in the diaries now, boys and girls!
Date - December Sunday 9th.
Start time - 10am
Where - South Craven School.
This annual event is likely to be another highly competitive, skillful display of netball … not! We anticipate much laughing and fun, with the occasional netball brilliance shining through - as displayed by the girls obviously! - and lots of “no way” shouts from the boys as they are outwitted by the girls.
We would obviously like to raise as much money as possible for Movember and are trying to get sponsorship for the hire of the hall and we will be running a raffle. If anybody knows of any generous companies who would be able to sponsor the hall hire, please give me a shout! Plus if you have any raffle prizes, let me know!
Places in the tournament will be limited, so if you are interested in playing, complete your registration form to confirm your place. You DO NOT want to miss out and regret it for the rest of your sad, miserable lives :p We will be allocating places on a first come, first serve basis.
Please submit your form by Monday 3rd December at the latest.
There are changing facilities and water fountains, but please bring your own snacks/food to be eaten outside the sports hall.
The tournament will end somewhere between 2-4pm depending on the number of teams. This will be confirmed on the website before the day.
Tournament rules (because we do need to be able to go back to the day job afterwards...)
- This is a fun charity tournament, and whilst we know the competitive spirit will shine, the aim of the day is to have fun and not kill each other.
- Umpires decision is final!
- Maximum of 3 boys on court at any one time. There is no minimum.
- Minimum age is 14. There is no maximum age (good job, because the gaffer would be excluded otherwise...)
- Tournament schedule will be confirmed on the day. Actual matches will depend on the number of teams entered.
- Normal netball rules will apply.
- Dress sensibly for playing netball indoors with suitable footwear, shorts/leggings, short nails, no jewelry/watches (wedding rings may be taped), hair tied back.