2018-19 Project Cornerstone Book & Event Summaries
Project Cornerstone at Bubb, September 2018
This month’s book, Have You Filled a Bucket Today? by Carol McCloud, is about expressing daily kindness and appreciation to others.
Goals of lesson:
- Teach students the 3 laws of bucket filling:
- Be a bucket filler.
- Don’t dip.
- Use your lid.
- Empower students to intentionally fill their own buckets and the buckets of others with good feelings (warm fuzzies).
Ask your child to tell you more about:
- Warm fuzzies-What are they?
- Bucket fillers-How can you fill your own bucket and the buckets of others?
- Bucket dippers-How can you keep a lid on your bucket and how can you help bucket dippers fill their bucket?
When you “catch” kids modeling positive behaviors...Notice, Name it, and Celebrate it!
Have You Filled a Bucket Today? by Carol McCloud is available from Mountain View Public Library.
Complementary books include:
- Because Amelia Smiled by David Erza Stein
- Bucket Filling from A to Z, The Key to Being Happy by Carol McCloud
- How Full is Your Bucket? for Kids by Tom Rath and Mary Reckmeyer
- The Original Warm Fuzzy Tale by Claude Steiner
- Somebody Loves You Mr. Hatch by Eileen Spinelli
- Your Fantastic Elastic Brain by Jo Ann Deak, Ph.D
- Chapter Book: Flying Lessons & Other Stories by Ellen Oh
- Chapter Book: The Playbook: 52 Rules to Aim, Shoot, and Score in this Game Called Life by Kwame Alexander
- Chapter Book: Wishtree by Katherine Applegate
- Chapter Book: We’re All Wonders by R.J. Palacio
Project Cornerstone at Bubb August 2018
The Bubb community is gearing up for another fabulous year with Project Cornerstone! This year we will return to the fundamental books in Year A with the theme “growing UPstanders.” Your child will learn strategies for how to deal with teasing and bullying behavior (Simon’s Hook and Say Something), how to be an UPstander (One and Nobody Knew What to Do), the importance of integrity (The Empty Pot), and the power of kindness (Have You Filled a Bucket Today?)
We hope you have a fantastic year!
Monica Teicher, Carol Huang, Shawn Shahin & Estefania Millan (firstname.lastname@example.org)