The Ancient Village of Torver lies in a beautiful wooded valley close to Coniston Water at the southern end of the Lake District National Park.
‘Thorvergh’ owes its origins to the Viking Norse incursions of the eighth century when they got tired of all that rapin’ and pillagin’ and decided to settle down. Of course, it was all mud huts back then (‘torf’ and ‘erg’: turf roofed hut) and most of them have gone now, but the Church House Inn dates from 1378.
(and other old stuff)
All in the navigation bar at the top of the page or
down the side bar. Or ask Torver's Village Idiot.
He'll be sat on a wall somewhere in the village.
Ralph, the website dog.
We have two splendid pubs in Torver
Cartoons, maps and illustrations by Kai
Copyright © 2011 - 2016 Nobbut Torver. All rights reserved.
Coniston & Torver
District Angling Association
New members welcomed