ReCoVER TEDDINET - Mathematical challenges of managing energy variability in the face of weather and climate variability workshop.
This meeting was held on 14th – 15th January 2016
The Priory Rooms, Quaker Meeting House, 40 Bull St, Birmingham UK
This was a joint meeting of two EPSRC sponsored networks:
ReCoVER: Research on Changes of Variability and Environmental Risk
TEDDINET: Transforming Energy Demand through Digital Innovation NETwork
The aim of the workshop was to explore themes for research that may in the long term help manage the relationship between variability of weather/climate and of water/energy use. For example, we explored some of the challenges that arise from:
- Relations between weather variability and energy demand.
- Relations between weather variability and renewable energy generation.
- Longer-term challenges of climate change on energy generation and demand.
- Developing and using climate forecasts for engineering simulations.
- Linking smart meter patterns of activity to behavioural change.
The following 10 minute TEDDINET talks were presented:
Organizers: Peter Ashwin (Exeter), David Coley (Bath), Dan van der Horst (Edinburgh)