Become part of a program that has had over 3,075 tutors who have collectively provided over 82,730 hours of service.
Registration for SPRING 2019 is open!
Advantages of Becoming a Tutor:
- Learn tutoring methodologies and mentoring skills
- Practice the Spanish language
- Learn about Mexican culture
- Serve a wonderful community
- Earn service-learning hours for course assignments or community service hours required for sororities, fraternities, honor societies, or other student organizations.
What To Expect:
- Commit to one day of the week to volunteer for the duration of Oasis' 12 week program
- Tutors typically pick a grade from Preschool (3 year olds) through 5th grade to work with
- Work with a small group of children on a weekly basis
- Teach and re-enforce learning in areas such as math, reading, writing, science, critical thinking, and social skills
- Tutors bond with children at recess
- At the end of the tutoring day, tutors convene to review mentoring/ tutoring methods and share successes and areas of improvement for the day
- Tutors can get service learning credit for class and progress reports are sent to professors on a monthly basis
- A rewarding experience watching your children progress academically and look up to you as their tutor and mentor!
Need a hard copy of the number of hours you've completed?
We will have it printed and signed for you to pick up on the specified day.
Going to be absent? Let us know by filling out the following form ahead of time
so that you aren't marked as unexcused on attendance.
Need a recommendation or evaluation?
Fill out this form telling us about your Oasis experience.