GPS: SC7, SC7. a (1 - 4), SC7. b (1 - 5)
- What are the properties of
- What are solute and solvent and what
factors affect the rate of dissolving?
- How is solution concentration
expressed in terms of Molarity and molality?
- How are molar and molal solutions
- What are colligative properties and
how are they related to molal concentration for non-electrolyte solutes?
- What are the properties of acids and
- Compare and contrast Arrhenius and
Bronsted-Lowry acid-base theories.
- Describe the difference between
strong and weak acids.
- Describe the relationship between
the pH scale and the presence of hydronium and hydroxide ions in solution
for acids and bases.
- Experimentally neutralize an acid and a base and
write a balanced chemical equation to represent this reaction.
- Describe a titration and the function of a titration.
Required reading Chapters 14 - 15