GPS: SC2. f, SC6, SC6. a-c
- What are the components of Kinetic
Molecular Theory (KMT)?
- How does KMT describe matter in
terms of motion of atoms/molecules in solids, liquids, gases, and plasma?
- What are the physical properties of
the phases of matter in relation to the KMT?
- What are the 4 measurable quantities
which describe a gas and how are they related to the gas laws and KMT?
- What is the relationship between intermolecular forces
and the physical states of molecular compounds in relation to KMT?
- How is data collected during a change in state/phase?
- explain a heat curve and the information that it conveys.
- How is a calorimeter used to describe the amount of heat absorbed or released during a chemical or physical process?
- how do changes in concentration, temperature, pressure, and volume of a container affect chemical reaction rates and changes of state of a substance in a closed system?
- What is chemical equilibrium and the relationship of chemical equilibrium to Le Chatelier's principle?
law of effusion
- Dalton’s law of
(heat) of reaction
(heat) of fusion
(heat) of vaporization
Required reading is chapters 12 and 13