GPS: SC2, SC2. a (1 - 5), SC2. b, SC5, SC5. a-c
- What are the 5 main types of
chemical reactions and how are they identified?
- What are the characteristics of a
- How is the law of conservation of
matter used to determine chemical composition in compounds and reactions?
- How are chemical equations balanced?
- What is the role of activation energy and degree of randomness in a chemical reaction?
- What is a catalyst and what does it
- What are some everyday examples of the use of catalysts in a chemical reaction?
- What are the indicators of a chemical reactions and
how can they be experimentally determined?
- Describe the energy change that takes place during a physical and a chemical change.
Required Reading: Chapter 9; (Activation energy, collision theory, reaction rates and catalysts) 560 - 573
- law of
conservation of mass