- Computer Supported Ubiquitous Learning and Mobile Learning,
- CSCL (Computer Supported Collaborative Learning),
- CSCW (Computer Supported Collaborative Writing), Groupware,
- CSSN (Computer Supported Social Networking),
- Information and Knowledge Management,
- Knowledge Awareness,
- Ubiquitous and Mobile Learning Analytics, and
- CHI (Computer Human Interaction)
- For some of my papers, please visit Google scholar home.
- 1988.4-1992.3: Bachelor of Dept. of Information Science and Intelligent Systems, Faculty of Engineering, Tokushima University
- 1992.4-1994.3: Master's Program in Graduate school of Engineering, Tokushima University
- 1994.4-1995.3: Ph.D. Program in Graduate school of Engineering, Tokushima University
- 1998.5: Ph.D., Tokushima University
- 1995.4-1999.3: Research Associate in Faculty of Engineering, Tokushima University
- 1999.4-2001.2: Assistant Professor in Faculty of Engineering, Tokushima University
- 2001.3- 2013.9: Associate Professor in Faculty of Engineering, Tokushima University
- 2001.9-2003.2: Visiting Researcher, Center for Lifelong Learning and Design, University of Colorado at Boulder, USA
- 2010.10-2013.3: Adjunct Researcher at Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- 2013.10-: Full Professor in Faculty of Arts and Science, Graduate school of Information Science and Electronic Engineering, Kyushu University, Japan
- 2016.10- Distinguished Professor at Kyushu University.
- Best Paper Award of Japanese Society for Information and Systems in Education (1998)
- WebNet 99 Top Paper Award (1999)
- Paper Award of SIG GN, IPSJ (2004)
- CSCL 2005 Contribution Award (2005)
- ICALT 2006 Best Paper Award (2006)
- MULE 2007 Best paper Awared (2007)
- CollabTech 2008 Best Paper Award (2008)
- Best Paper Runner-Up Awad at ICCE2008.
- Best Paper Award at ICIE 2009.
- Best Paper Award at mLearn 2009.
- APSCE Young Researcher Leader Award in 2009.
- Distinguished Young Researcher Award 2009 from the University of Tokushima.
- Best Technology Design Paper Award at ICCE2010.
- Presentation Award by IPSJ SIG on Groupware and Network Service (2010).
- IEEE WMUTE2012 Best Student Paper Award (2012).
- APSCE Distinguished Researcher Award (2014)
- ICCE 2014 Best Student Paper Award (2014)
- IEEE ICALT 2015 Best Paper Award (SP) (2015)
Invited talks and keynotes
- CSCL and Awareness, NIME meeting, Chiba, Japan, Aug. 2001.
- Supporting Awareness in CSCL, ALIC meeting, Tokyo, Japan, Sep. 2001.
- Mobile Media in Education, BEAT meeting, Tokyo, Japan, Sep. 4, 2004.
- Ubiquitous and mobile technologies in CSCL, premier workshop in FIT2004, Kyoto, Japan, Sep. 2004.
- Ubiquitous and Mobile Learning Environments, Wakayama University, Wakayama, Japan, Dec. 2004.
- Research Trends on Ubiquitous and mobile technologies in Education, Ubiquitous Learning Council, Tokyo, Japan, June 27. 2005.
- Keynote in IEEE WMUTE2008,Beijing, China, March 23-15, 2008.
- Keynote in IEEE MUCTEL 2008, Taichung, Taiwan, June 11-13, 2008.
- Keynote at International Conference on Mobile Learning. Barcelona, Spain, Feb. 26-28, 2009.
- Keynote in 9th International Educational Technology Conference 2009, Ankara, Turkey, May 6-9, 2009.
- Keynote at International Conference on Information Engineering, Taiyuan, China, July 10-11, 2009.
- Keynote at TeLearn 2009, Taipei, Taiwan, October, 2009.
- Keynote at IEEE CAR 2010, Wuhan, China, March, 2010.
- Keynote at UbiLearn 2010, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, April, 2010.
- Keynote at ICCE 2010, Putrajaya, Malaysia, November 29- December 3, 2010.
- Keynote at e-Learning Technology Inovation Conference, Taipei, Taiwan, December 24-25, 2010.
- Invited talk at Research Trends and Grand Challenges in Mobile and Ubiquitous Learning, Asian-Pacific Summit Forum at Edutainment 2011, Taipei, Taiwan, September 8, 2011.
- Keynote, Research trends on mobile and ubiquitous learning, IEEE MSE 2011, Chengdu, China, October 1, 2011.
- Invited talk, Research trends on mobile and ubiquitous learning, MULE 2012, Santiago, Chile, January, 10 2012.
- Keynote, How can Networked Digital Technologies Enhance Ubiquitous Learning?, IEEE NDT 2012, Dubai, UAE, April 24-26, 2012.
- Invited talk, Computer Supported Ubiquitous Learning, KSET 2012, Seoul, South Korea, May 25-26, 2012.
- Keynote, Research and Practice on Mobile and Ubiquitous Learning, IEEE ICMAIE 2012, Wuhan, China, July 13-14, 2012.
- Invited talk, Ubiquitous Learning Log Project, 2013 NMC Horizon Project Summit for Future Education, Austin, USA, Jan 22-24, 2013.
- Invited talk, Insights from World Distinguished Mobile Learning Projects, AECT-ICFER 2013, Taichung, Taiwan, June 18-20, 2013.
- Keynote, Augmenting Learning-Experiences in the Real World with Digital Technologies, IEEE ICRTIT-2013, Chennai, India, July 25-27, 2013.
- Keynote, ICHL 2015, Wuhan, China, July 27-79, 2015.
Executive Committee of Academic Society
- APSCE (Asian Pacific Society for Computers in Education) (2010-)
- SOLAR(Society of Learning Analytics and Research) (2013-)
- IamLearn (International Association for Mobile Learning) (2007-11)
Editorial board of Journal
- ijCSCL: International Journal of Computer Supported Collaborative Learning, (SSCI) published by Springer (2005-)
- International Journal of Smart Learning Environments, Springer (2013-)
- International Journal of Mobile and Blended Learning, published by IGI global. (2008-)
- International Journal of Web Engineering and Technology (IJWET) ISBN:1476-1289, published by Inderscience, UK.(2002-2005)
- Journal of JSiSE (Japanese Society for Information and Systems in Education) (2003-2007).
- International Journal of Mobile and Blended Learning (2008-)
- Journal of IEICE, D (2009-)
- Special issue on mobile learning of Journal of Computer Assisted Learning (2007)
- Special issue on Mobile and Ubiquitous Learning Environments in international Journal of RPTEL (Research and Practice in Technology Enhanced Learning).
- Special issue on Mobile and Ubiquitous Technologies for Language Learning in international Journal of Mobile Learning and Organization ) 2009
Editorial board of special issue
- Special Issue on “From knowledge sharing to knowledge co-creation” of Journal of IPSJ.
- Special Issue on “Ubiquitous Computing Society and Collaboration” of Journal of IPSJ.
- Special Issue on “Ubiquitous Network Service” of Journal of IPSJ.
- Special Issue on “Platform of Educational Systems” of Journal of IEICE.
- Special Issue on Collaboration Technology in Everyday life in Journal of Information Processing in Japan
Advisory board of Journal
Conference Chair / Organizing chair
- CC 2000 in Australia on Dec. 12-15, 2000.
- International Workshop on CSCL 2000 in Tokushima, Japan on Nov. 27-29, 2000.
- IEEE International Workshop on WMTE 2005, in Tokushima, Japan on Nov. 28-30, 2005.
- International Workshop on MULE (Mobile and Ubiquitous Learning Environments) in ICCE2006 at Beijing, China, Dec 1, 2006.
- Pervasive Learning 2007, Toronto, Canada, May 13, 2007.
- International Workshop on MULE in Hong Kong, China, August 15-17, 2007.
- International Workshop on MULE in ICCE2007, Hiroshima, Japan, Nov. 5/6, 2007.
- International Workshop on MULE in Tokushima, Japan, March 26-27, 2009.
- International Conference on Collaboration Technologies, Tokyo, Japan, August 29-31, 2010.
- International Conference on Collaboration Technologies, Chile, September 8-10, 2014.
- IEEE WMTE2005,Tokushima, Japan, Nov 27-30, 2005.
- CollabTech2008, Wakayama, Japan, August 21-22, 2008.
- Educatinment 2009: 4th international conference on e-Learning and Games, Banf, Canada, August 9-11, 2009.
- CollabTech 2009, Sydney Australia, August 12-14, 2009.
- ICCE2009, Hong Kong, Oct 30-Dec 4, 2009, Program coordnition chair
- ICCE2010, Malaysia, Nov. 29-Dec 3, 2010, Program Co-Chair.
- CRIWG 2014, Chile, September 8-10, 2014,Program Co-Chair.
- ICCE 2014, Nov 30-Dec 4, 2014, Nara, Japan, Program Coordination Co-Chair.
- mLearn, ICCE CollabTech, Mobile Learning, WMUTE, ICALT, CSCL, etc.
- International: ACM, IEEE (Senior member), ISLS, APSCE, SOLAR (Society for Learning Analytics and Research, EC member (2012-)).IamLearn (International Association for Mobile Learning，EC member (2009-2010)).
- Domestic: IPSJ, IEICE, JSiSE, JSET, JSAI.