Top page in English
This is Hiroaki Ogata's web page in English. Please select an item from the left-side menu.
- I'm a Professor at Learning and Educational Technologies Research Unit, the Academic Center for Computing and Media Studies, and the Graduate School of Informatics at Kyoto University, Japan.
- My research interests include Learning Analytics, Evidence-Based Education, Educational data mining, Educational Data Science, Computer Supported Ubiquitous and Mobile Learning, CSCL (Computer Supported Collaborative Learning), CSCW (Computer Supported Collaborative Writing), CALL (Computer Assisted Language Learning), CSSN (Computer Supported Social Networking), Knowledge Awareness, Personalized, adaptive and smart learning environments. Currently, I'm leading a research project on development of infrastructure for learning analytics and educational data science.
- I was a visiting researcher at Center for Lifelong Learning and Design at University of Colorado at Boulder, and a researcher for PRESTO at Japan Science and Technology Agency. I have published more than 300 peer-reviewed papers including SSCI Journals and international conferences. I have received APSCE Distinguished Researcher Award in 2014, and several Best Paper Awards such as WebNet1999, CollabTech2008, mLearn 2009, ICCE2010, ICCE 2014. and ICALT2015. Also he gave keynote lectures, e.g., at IEEE WMUTE2008 in Beijing, IETC2009 in Turkey, Mobile Learning 2009 in Spain, TeLearn2009 in Taiwan, ICCE2010 in Malaysia, NDT2012 in Dubai, KSET2012 at Seoul, IEEE CRTIT2013 in India, and ICHL2015 in China.
- I'm an associate editor of IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies (SSCI), RPTEL (Research and Practice in Technology Enhanced Learning Journal) and IJMLO (International Journal of Mobile and Learning Organization), and also an editorial board member of IJCSCL (International Journal of Computer Supported Collaborative Learning) (SSCI), IJAIED (International Journal of Artificial Intelligence in Education), SLE (International Journal of Smart Learning Environments) and Journal of Learning Analytics. I'm also an executive committee member of SOLAR (Society of Learning Analytics and Research)(2013-14, 2018-) and APSCE(Asia-Pacific Society for Computers in Education, 2010-), and was IamLearn (International Association for Mobile Learning (2007-2011). I am an associate member of Science Council of Japan as well.
- Organize the International Symposium on Evidence-Based Education through Learning Analytics 2019 at Kyoto University, March 22, 2019.
- ICCE2018, Manila, Nov 26-30, 2018. (DSC co-chair)
- LAK 2019, Tempe, Arizona, USA, March 4-8, 2019. (Workshop/tutorial chair)