The 7th Annual Symposium on Human-Computer Interaction and Information Retrieval (HCIR 2013) will be held on Thursday and Friday, October 3 and 4th, 2013, at Simon Fraser University’s Segal School of Business in downtown Vancouver, BC, Canada. The symposium is being supported by the University of British Columbia iSchool.
The symposium is being held at the Segal Building at 500 Granville St. in room 1200. The entrance is on Granville St. close to the intersection with West Pender, and the meeting room is just on the left as you come in the door. Breakfast will be available on site from 8-9 am on Thursday; the first session begins at 9 am.
If you need parking, there are several parking lots close by that charge between $12-$15 for the day: try IMPARK on Seymour between W. Pender and Dunsmuir or IMPARK at 450 West Cordova.
HCIR 2013 is a two-day event consisting of a single-track of user-centered IR research presentations, a poster session, and ample opportunity for informal discussions and social interaction.
Registration for HCIR 2013 is now open: click here for the online registration form.
* Early Registration rates end Monday September 23 *
Early Registration : $200 regular; $125 for students
Late Registration (after Sept. 23): $275 regular; $200 for students
Please note that if you encounter any issues with your registration, you may email Sheri Donovan at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Areas of interest for HCIR include, but are not limited to:
- Novel interaction techniques for information retrieval.
- Modeling and evaluation of interactive information retrieval.
- Exploratory search and information discovery.
- Information visualization and visual analytics.
- Applications of HCI techniques to information retrieval needs in specific domains.
- Ethnography and user studies relevant to information retrieval and access.
- Scale and efficiency considerations for interactive information retrieval systems.
- Relevance feedback and active learning approaches for information retrieval.