Sites I have found useful, presented in no particular order
. The links open in new windows/tabs.
- Devon History Society
- Devon Family History Society
- Beaford Old Archive - pictures from north Devon including people from Beaford, Merton, Dolton, and St. Giles in the Wood among others. Many of them date to between 1880 and 1930.
- Devon Heritage - all kind of interesting things here. Burial records, pictures, stories, and information about towns in Devon.
- GENUKI Devon - no list of links would be complete without the UK and Ireland Genealogy pages for Devon.
- Canadiana - A collection of texts, sounds and images related strictly to Canada. A site with considerable potential once they get exact searches going on both parts of the site. See the blog for more comments.
- Canada Gazette - the official publication of the Canadian government. Approximately 95% of the editions are searchable from 1841 to 1998. Use the Search links on the left side of the page. See the blog for more comments.
- The Internet Archive - lots of out of copyright works in various formats. Includes city directories, biographical collections, county and city histories, etc. See the blog for more comments.
- FamilySearch.org - A redesigned site with lots of new stuff. The biggest change I have seen is the addition of images of original documents. See the blog for comments.
- Peel's Prairie Provinces - lots of material for Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta. Includes newspapers, city directories, and photos.
- Exeter Bereavement Services, from the Exeter City Council, includes an index of burial cards of three cemeteries in Exeter - Exwick, Higher, and Topsham. Burial records date back approximately 150 years.