- Take a piece of halibut, this is enough for two people. and season it
with salt and pepper. Use white pepper if you are concerned about the
black specks but I like them.
- Have ready a generous chunk of butter, the rind from one lime and a half
inch chunk of fresh ginger.
- Squeeze the juice from the lime and set aside with the zest, ginger and
- In a heavy pan heat some olive oil with a bit of butter and sear the
halibut for a few minutes on one side then carefully turn it over and
cook it through for a couple minutes. Don't over cook this yummy fish.
Set the fish aside, covered with a foil tent.
- Toss in the rest of the butter, ginger, lime zest and lime juice and let
it sizzle and reduce slightly. The butter will brown just a little, not
too long or it will burn and blacken and that is not good. Pour your
ginger lime butter sauce over your fish and serve with some lovely new
potatoes and some colourful peppers.
See recipe with photos here.