Prep everything before you cut
open the avocados. Once the rest is ready then you can cut the avocados
in half. Remove the pits but save one of them* and mash up the avocados.
Mix in everything else. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- 2 large ripe avocadoes
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- half of a tomato with the seeds and liquid squeezed out, chopped
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro or less if you prefer.
- juice from half a lime or lemon. Lime would be best.
- teaspoon of cumin
- pinch of salt and a big pinch of pepper.
Now take that pit you saved and squish it into the middle of your
guacamole. This will help to keep it from darkening and seems to work
really well. Mine sat out for hours and never changed color.