What Makes Our Consulting Service Different
We have had so many people calling and emailing us that are either looking for land to buy for sustainable production or people that already own land that are looking for advice on where and how to create beautiful organic gardens and manage the land that they have. We determined there was a need for some sort of consulting service to meet these frequent calls. We have worked closely with people who want to begin organic gardening, farming, diversify their current operation, and small & large acreage farmers looking for ways to increase profitability on their farm.
We have the expertise to help others and want to do whatever we can to support future and existing small acreage farmers and home gardeners.
At Cinagro Inc., we are committed to encouraging safer, healthier, and more ecological farming and gardening methods by providing technical assistance. Our efforts include projects aimed at working with landowners on ways to retain their land resource base; adoption of farm record system, improved marketing skills, and exploring alternative income enterprises.
Having a site evaluation can provide practical information to the land owner as well as assist someone looking for land to buy. A site visit can provide information and resources needed to develop a long term land stewardship.
Particular areas of expertise:
- assessment and advice for maintaining, protecting, and enhancing the resources of the land
- organic garden and landscape design
- identify native plant species and habitat type
- classify elevation, slope and aspect of the land.
- locate best site for garden or growing area and offer suggestions of environmentally sound process to establish site
- advise on opportunities for more integrated approaches to sustainability
- expand opportunities for new and existing farmers to prosper using sustainable systems
- suggest sustainable alternatives to brush and grass removal
- provide resource listings for small farm educational programs
- recommend training and apprenticeship programs for entry-level farmers and established conventional farmers interested in making the transition to sustainable methods
- small farm marketing
We are dedicated to promoting organic and sustainable agriculture by providing gardeners and farmers with the information and resources needed to develop a long term land stewardship. We also have access to cost-effective natural fertilizers, natural pest control and season extension products as well as a multitude of organic growing supplies.
Our goal is to cultivate awareness and understanding of organic production by providing onsite visits and site evaluations. As a follow up to a land consultation, we also assist in identifying sustainable agriculture methods and educating growers about low-input techniques through workshops at our farm. We offer this local consulting service to furnish the basic information needed to grow a successful north Idaho organic garden.
First site visit / $125.00 - Includes written report, site evaluation, recommendations and resource information.
Consultations / $45.00 per hour – Support with all aspects of organic garden design, planning, small farm management; what to plant, cover cropping, companion planting, natural pest control, marketing and all aspects of organic and sustainable production practices.
Add $.49 per mile for any distance over ten miles from Carmel, CA.
If you have questions, please give us a call at 831.596.5776 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org