Traning of Trainers Program
Call for Candidates
The Cote d’Ivoire National English Language Teaching Association (CINELTA) is currently seeking candidates for the 2018-2019 ELT Exchange Training of Trainers (TOT) Program.
First Cohort: February 25 – March 1, 2019
Second Cohort: March 25 – 29, 2019
The CI ELT Exchange Training of Trainers (TOT) project aims at extending professional development opportunities to English Teachers in remote areas in Cote d’Ivoire. It consists in training regional teachers to become “teacher trainers” in their respective regional. The objective is to establish professional development connections within regional English teachers, and between the English Teachers of Cote d’Ivoire.
The volunteer teachers will benefit from
- a 1-week professional development activities in Abidjan, offered by the US Department of State English Language Fellow Program,
- and meeting with the board members of CINELTA
The program is sponsored by the US Embassy Abidjan and the Institut Pedagogique National de l’Enseignement Technique et Professionnel (IPNETP)
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- be an English Teacher in any other region of Cote d’Ivoire, except Abidjan
- capable to understand basic English Language Teaching (ELT) methodologies and practices
- strong motivation to improve English Language Teaching and the teaching profession in Cote d’Ivoire
- have a good knowledge of professional development activities in their regions (for example, taking part in previous teacher activities in the regions)
- be willing to use to emails, social media, or phone to communicate
- be willing to network with other colleagues
- available to spend one week in Abidjan for training
Under the supervision of the CINELTA Program officers, the participants will
- develop and plan professional development meetings in their regions
- share ELT practices with colleagues
- coordinate ESL teachers’ activities with CINELTA and their partners
- identify and suggest teachers’ needs in their regions
- supports colleague English teachers in their regions
- present at the CINELTA ELT Exchange Conference 6-7 March 2019
- report professional activities to the CINELTA program officers
CINELTA will provide allowance to the participants. It includes:
- round trip from your city to Abidjan.
- housing (hotel or host family for the duration of the training)
- breakfast, lunch and dinner each day
- books and teaching materials to share with your regional teachers
The CINELTA is a non-profit organization. It is registered with the Ivorian government, born in April 2018 in a joint effort of the 4 major English teaching Associations in the country: Forum des Professeurs d’Anglais de Cote d’Ivoire (FPACI), Cote d’Ivoire Association of Teachers as a Foreign Language (CI-ATEFL), E-teachers, and IWEBCI.
CINELTA’s goals is to:
- Develop teachers’ expertise through continuing professional development
- Foster collaboration between national and international language policy makers, the private sector, researchers, and classroom practitioners.
- Promote English language within communities and learners
Candidates must complete the online registration form available at this link: https://goo.gl/forms/KCkLvIBPsBrVfgp33
Or complete and send us the following information
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rM9oVbdm5wplfl-BvQTnt0z3VablDolK/view?usp=sharing (MS Word Form)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gBKuO3uqac6BUiCAbNDReqV3o5YGvfV-/view?usp=sharing (PDF Form)