Cote d’Ivoire ELT Exchange is an English Teacher development Project developed by the Institut Pédagogique National de l’Enseignement Technique et Professionnel (IPNETP) in collaboration with General Inspection of the ministry (IGETP) with the impulse of the English Language Fellow Program, a US Department of States Program run by the US Embassy in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
The project aims at improving English teaching in Cote d’Ivoire by reinforcing teachers’ competences in student-centered teaching approaches, material development, leadership, the utilization of technologies, and collaboration.
The project consists in conducting workshops with teachers in schools in Abidjan and outside Abidjan. Timely seminars, and a conference are organized for the teachers to meet in-person and share their experience and practices in English Teaching in their area.
We also collaborate with majors Teacher Associations in the country, FPACI, CI-IATEFL, E-Teachers.
- Assess the needs of ESP teachers in Cote d’Ivoire.
- Hone the skills of English teachers through teacher a training program
- Provide support in designing and developing of teaching materials
- Strengthen professional relations between the the communities of English teachers in Cote d'Ivoire
- A variety of student-centered ELT best practices to use in class
- Resources to design teaching materials
- A community to share ideas and groundbreaking practices
- A certificate to testify of the hard work (signed by US Embassy Program Officials)
- Class visits
The topic are subject to slight changes depending on the needs.
- Student-Centered Vocabulary Teaching
- Communicative Grammar Teaching
- Planning for Interactive Teaching
- Structuring Effective ESP Reading Task
- Increasing English Learning Opportunities with Accessible Technologies
- English as International Language
- Writing Objective for a Task-based ESP Lesson
- Scaffolding Different Writing Tasks
- Adapting Activities for Your Classroom
- Creating Materials and Resources
- Teacher Collaboration and Communities of Practice
10 schools have been targeted in Abidjan.
- Lycée Technique de Cocody.
- CBCG Cocody,
- CBCG Treichville,
- Lycée professionnel Yopougon,
- Lycée Technique Yopougon,
- Lycée hôtelier,
- CETI + EIBIMA
5 Schools have been chosen to host the workshop meetings.
- Lycée Technique de Cocody
- CBCG Cocody
- CBCG Treichville, CELIA
- Lycée professionnel Yopougon, Lycée Technique Yopougon
- CPM-BAT, CPM-BOIS, CETI, EIBIMA, CHA
Everyone is welcome to join us for a scheduled workshop at one of these centers. Click here to see The schedules.