I'm not just a mod author, I use mods all the time myself. Happyuser created a very helpful modding resource: "Forever Thankful - Skyrim Modding Resource". It talks about best practices for people using mods and forums to seek help. Please read it. I am very thankful for all the mods I use, and I am thankful you have chosen to use mine.
Before asking about why something works the way it does, please read my mod description and look through my customization menu in the game so you can see what settings I have and what is currently selected.
Also, please check out these links explaining Skyrim vampirism bugs. Maybe my mod is not at fault and it is an unfortunate glitch in the game ...
Skyrim is buggy. If you ever get stuck in a quest, this is the BEST site to look up bugs and quests. You can find console commands to bypass quest stages that get stuck:
The most important thing to try if you EVER have a problem with this mod is to perform a "clean" install.
ALWAYS TRY THIS FIRST!
Use LOOT to sort your load order, but it isn't perfect.
Try moving my mod to the very bottom of your load order and test your game.
If problems still persist, follow the steps below; they only take about 5 minutes ...
(all of these steps are also essential if you are upgrading)
Please follow all of these steps (for versions 7.5 and greater) if you have a problem or are upgrading from a previous version of my mod:
* You must feed once on a living victim to have your proper rank set the first time.
OPTIONAL STEPS13) Exit the game.
12) Make a new save after you turn into a vampire the first time (it must be a real save, not a quick save).
14) Use the Script Cleaner on the save from step 12 (to ensure the cleanest slate possible).
15) Start the game and load your cleaned saved game from step 14.
Old Instructions prior to 7.5 ...
1) Rest/wait for 24hr in the game - this will allow any NPCs you have fed upon, or used Seduction or Fear's Embrace on, time to recuperate.
2) Use my MCM - Troubleshooting and Cleanup page and click on "Reset/Clear Better Vampires Mod".
3) Exit my MCM to have the mod reset.
4) Use my MCM - Troubleshooting and Cleanup page and click on "Reset Sanguinare Vampiris".
5) Exit my MCM to have your vampirism reset.
6) Save your game (it must be a real save, not a quick save).
7) Exit the game.
8) Uninstall and delete the old version of my mod (completely DELETE it from the Skyrim\Data and Skyrim\Data\Scripts folders). I use MO to remove mods, but you can check the files section and use my "Remove Better Vampires" batch file - it will ENSURE everything is gone.
9) Start the game and load your saved game from step 6 - ignore the message about missing content.
10) Now make a new "clean" save without my mod (not a quick save).
11) Exit the game. Use the Script Cleaner on the "clean" save from step 10 (to ensure the cleanest slate possible).
12) Download and install my latest mod version using NMM or MO.
13) Load your "clean" saved game from step 11.
14) Customize my mod with the MCM or console commands.
15) You were infected in steps 4 and 5, now you must wait 3 days for your disease to run its course and you will become a stage 1 Vampire (fully fed).
Load order is important. My mod has to be in the correct load order. I highly recommend you use LOOT to sort your load order; it is quite easy to use. The load order in general should look like this:
Save Game Script Cleaner
If something still isn't working for you, perhaps try this great tool:
Save Game Script Cleaner by Hadoram
If scripts have somehow become glitched or unresponsive, or maybe you installed a new version over an old version, this may help you. It is said to be quite effective at fixing script issues.
"RaceCompatibility for Skyrim and Dawnguard"
I do not use a custom race or the RaceCompatibility mod, but Jayce Styles created a great video on how he got his Lunari custom race working with Skyrim, the RaceCompatibility mod, and Better Vampires: