This 7th grade class is the first part of Spanish 1. In other words, we study the material in one school year that level 1 students in high school complete in one semester.
Here is an overview of what we study in Spanish A:
Unit 1: Personal and Public Identities
Essential Question: Who am I? How do I describe myself?
- asking for and giving biographical information - name, age, birthday
- asking for and giving feelings
- talking about where I and others live
- asking for and giving likes and dislikes
- identifying countries and continents where target language is spoken
Unit 2: Family and Friendship
Essential Question: How are we connected to others?
- listing family members, activities
- describing family, friends and pets
- asking for and responding to simple questions about family, friends and activities
- expressing likes, dislikes about activities
- comparing activities
- talking about celebrations
Unit 3: A Day in the Life
Essential Question: What do my actions say about who I am?
- discussing how they spend the day – sports, music, meals, sleep, school, etc.
- comparing their habits to those of others
- making plans with others
- stating ways that people help others