Receive the latest Counseling & Career Center News on your mobile device! Sign up for our remind program today ~
Text @nwlhsccc to 81010.
STOP IN TO SEE OUR NEW SPACE ~ August 2019
THANK YOU NWLEF
for helping to create an inviting space for students to focus on their academic, social, and personal well being!!!!
SAVE THE DATE:
2019 PSAT TESTING
Wed. October 16th
Registration and payment info coming soon!
End of year information for Juniors:
Junior End of Year Power Point:
High School Planning Timeline: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17uapJkWNOo8l8NEDf3PlbXD2Wf2s7xm3/view
New Transcript Process:
AP Program Changes
Starting in the 2019-2020 school year the College Board is instituting some changes to the AP program and AP Exam registration process. Students taking an AP Course and/or planning on taking an AP Exam need to be aware of the following changes:
- Students in AP courses will need to create a College Board account if they don't already have one and join the appropriate AP course using the "join code" provided by their teacher.
- This year the deadline to sign up for AP Exams has changed this year, and there are actually two separate deadlines
- Fall semester & full year courses: Friday November 8, 2019
- Students taking AP Exams without being enrolled in an official AP Course (Environmental Science, Statistics, Psychology, U.S. Government): Friday November 8, 2019
- Spring semester courses: Friday March 6, 2020
- In addition to registering online students will need to submit payment for the AP Exams ($94/exam) to Mrs. Mikruk in the Counseling Office by the appropriate deadline.
Independent Study Contract for the
2019-2020 School Year
Due Friday May 17, 2019
New for the 2018-2019 School Northwestern Lehigh is utilizing a software program called Naviance. All students in grades 6th through 12th grades have accounts that have been created for them. Students can use these accounts to complete interest and career surveys, research colleges, and research scholarships. Each student can log into their Naviance account by entering their student email address and using the same password as their google account.
Naviance Student Log on Link:
Password: each student's individual google account password
ATTENTION SENIORS APPLYING TO COLLEGE! MAKE SURE YOU:
* Fill out a Brag Sheet
- Give copies to all individuals writing you letters of recommendation
* Ask recommenders 10 SCHOOL days in advance for letters of recommendation
- It takes time to write a quality letter
- If the college does not provide an electronic recommendation option, please give your teacher recommender an addressed and stamped envelope to send directly to the college
* Send SAT/ACT scores directly through the CollegeBoard.org (for SAT's) and ACT.org (for ACT's) websites
- NWL does not send any standardized test scores! It’s up to you to have them sent.
- It can take several weeks to have test scores sent to schools so plan accordingly.
* Submit all applications before their deadlines
- Pat yourself on the back, too!