Our door is open and we look forward to helping you!
CEEB CODE: 393002
Receive the latest Counseling & Career Center News on your mobile device! Sign up for our remind program today ~
Text @nwlhsccc to 81010.
Dual Enrollment Meeting January 24, 2019
11:15 - 11:45 in the LGI Room
Any students interested in taking a Dual Enrollment College Course should attend this meeting. College contracts and LCCC registration cards are available at the link below.
All College Contracts and LCCC registration cards for the Fall 2019 Semester are due Friday May 17, 2019
2019 College Admissions Event
Independent Study Contract for the
2019-2020 School Year
Due Friday May 17, 2019
Juniors & Seniors ~
Interested in a Law Enforcement career?
Join our NWLSD Police Department for a spring trip to the PA State Police Academy & Museum!
Sign up in the Counseling Office
The Resume Building Workshop will be held throughout the 2018-2019 school year. Each workshop is held once a week for 4 weeks.
Interested students should visit their School Counselor or register by clicking the button below.
2018 PSAT Score Release for PA: December 10th
When PSAT scores become available online, students will get an email with instructions on creating their College Board account, going to the online score portal, and using their access code to view their score report.
You can access your PSAT/NMSQT score report online to learn about college readiness, explore AP potential, and get insight into specific skills to focus on in order to prepare for the SAT. You can also link your College Board and Khan Academy accounts to access free, personalized SAT practice based on your PSAT/NMSQT results. Visit https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/psat-nmsqt-psat-10/scores/getting-scores to learn more!
New for the 2018-2019 School Northwestern Lehigh is utilizing a software program called Naviance. All students in grades 6th through 12th grades have accounts that have been created for them. Students can use these accounts to complete interest and career surveys, research colleges, and research scholarships. Each student can log into their Naviance account by entering their student email address and using the same password as their google account.
Naviance Student Log on Link:
Password: each student's individual google account password
ATTENTION SENIORS APPLYING TO COLLEGE! MAKE SURE YOU:
* Make a Parchment Account
- Parchment.com—to request/process transcripts
- You will need your Registration Code provided by your counselor and your parent/guardian’s electronic signature. This code was sent to all Juniors via their student email accounts. If you need a new registration code please see your counselor.
* Fill out a Brag Sheet
- Give copies to all individuals writing you letters of recommendation
* Ask recommenders 10 SCHOOL days in advance for letters of recommendation
- It takes time to write a quality letter
- If the college does not provide an electronic recommendation option, please give your teacher recommender an addressed and stamped envelope to send directly to the college
* Send SAT/ACT scores directly through the CollegeBoard.org (for SAT's) and ACT.org (for ACT's) websites
- NWL does not send any standardized test scores! It’s up to you to have them sent.
- It can take several weeks to have test scores sent to schools so plan accordingly.
* Request all transcripts through Parchment
- This is the electronic way we now send transcripts
- All Juniors and Seniors were emailed a registration code and should not create a brand new account
- At times, there may be a fee attached, depending on the school you are applying to. Please note: If your colleges are not part of the Parchment network, they may have to be sent through the US Mail via Parchment and there is a $2 handling fee.
* Submit all applications before their deadlines
- Pat yourself on the back, too!