St. John's-Ravenscourt Libraries Online PortaL
Welcome to the SJR Libraries Online Portal.
The SJR libraries are centers of literacy and research. We foster and celebrate the love of reading, and act as a learning and social hubs for the whole school community.
St. John's-Ravenscourt School has two separate libraries to support the SJR Community. The Rosenberg Library serves the Junior School (K-5) and the Bonnycastle Library serves the Middle School (6-8) and the Senior School (9-12). Please click on the icons to the left for more information about each library.
SJR's library team consists of Teacher-Librarians, Ms. Riddell and Mrs Bergen, and Library Technician, Ms. Malenfant. We are always happy to help readers find what they need and frequently provide suggestions through physical and virtual displays, the Books of the Day on the library's Instagram account and more. Students can also search the library catalog to find the right book, e-book or audiobook for them.
Although each library operates independently, community members may borrow materials from either library.
We offer a range of digital resources to help students in school and at home. Students access them through our website, which includes resources to guide them in the effective use of databases, digital collections and other electronic subscriptions for their research and personal inquiry.
Welcome to Rosenberg Library
Welcome to Bonnycastle Library
SJR Libraries Mission Statement
In keeping with St. John's-Ravenscourt School’s vision to provide a respectful learning community that inspires academic excellence, creative expression, active healthy living and social responsibility, the Bonnycastle Library and the Rosenberg Library encourage a spirit of inquiry, curiosity, and collaboration.
The SJR Libraries’ mission is to foster literacy and critical thinking skills and to support all members of the learning community in the goal of becoming efficient, effective, and ethical users and producers of ideas and information.
The SJR Libraries endeavor to:
· Provide a comfortable, user-oriented learning environment for on-site and virtual users.
· Promote a reading culture to encourage respect for ideas.
· Collaborate with Faculty to design projects to meet curriculum needs and to support integration of technology to meet educational goals.
· Provide access to current, adequate and appropriate information resources and technology to meet curriculum needs and independent interests of the members of the SJR community.
· Provide programs to support acquisition of information literacy competencies.
· Model ethical and effective use of technology and information.