Ms. Schmidt's Webpage
- Due Thursday, December 5: Literary Techniques, Allusion, Metaphor, Foreshadowing, Euphemism
- Due Thursday, Nov. 21: Logic, Opinion, Paradox, Simile, Descriptions
- Due Wednesday, Nov. 13: Proper Noun, Conflict, Classification, Consonance, Assonance
- Due Thursday, Nov. 7: Allegory, Alliteration, Analogy, Adjective, Audience
Ms. Schmidt’s Remind App Codes: To receive text message from and be able to text Ms. Schmidt regarding class assignments or tests, theater, DC/NY Trip, or class adviser items.
Text the following code to: 81010
Text the following message:
- 7th Grade English: @schmidt07
- 8th Grade English: @schmidt08
- 9th Grade English: @schmidt09
- 10th Grade English: @schmidt10
- 11th & 12th Grade English: @schmidt768
- Hancock Fall Play: @theater320 - For Actors and Crew
- DC/NY 2022 Trip: @DCNY2022 - We will use this app on the trip and before for fundraising.
READ! It's beneficial to read a little every day!!!
Students are doing an ongoing school service project to help raise money for our school. Please send in Campbell's Soup labels and Box Tops. Every little bit helps! The school is also collecting pop can tabs for the Ronald McDonald House. You can turn pop tabs in to Ms. Schmidt.
I am still on the look out for things to add to our theater department. We can always use interesting clothes and items that can be used as props.
Please, if you do have anything to donate to the Theater department, ask me if we could use it. Please do not just drop items off at school, we do not have much storage space. Thank you so much!
"Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself." - John Dewey
- Homework will be posted on the board in the English Classroom. Make sure you write down your assignments everyday! An assignment notebook is recommended for every student to use.
- If a student has been or will be gone for an extended period of time, please see me before school, after school, during my prep, or during your English class time to get the assignments you missed.
- Emailing me questions is the best way to reach me during the day: email@example.com You may also call me at the school at 320-392-5621
- It is also a good idea for students to reach out to classmates to see what they missed in all of their classes.
- If a student turns in work late without a reasonable excuse or absence, they will receive reduced credit.
- If a student is having a problem with an assignment, see me for help between 8:00 am - 8:20 am, during my prep 1st hour, or after school. If these do not work we can set something else up - I am flexible with time and willing to come into school earlier or stay later if necessary. Please contact me.
- Catch Up Club is available for students 4-12th grade in the Math and English room from 3:15-4pm every Wednesday.
AskMN - Scholarly Journal & Article
Class Supply List
- Your Textbook or Class Novel
- A Big Notebook
- A Folder
- A Writing Utencil
- Your Assignment Notebook
- A 3 Ring Binder (optional)
- A free time reading novel
- Your Brain!
Below is Hancock Public School's Grading Scale for 7-12 Grades.
Ms. Schmidt’s Google Classroom Codes:
Log into Google Classrooms and add a class to join.
7th Grade: a29i3f
8th Grade: 3n4jqxm
9th Grade: la068g
10th Grade: 7xpowgk
11th & 12th Grade: 1l1z7x