Technology Vision, Goals & Principles
All Saints' Technology Vision
Students and educators will use technology to enhance and expand the traditional role of education in the All Saints’ community. We will develop curriculum and apply instructional methods enriched with technology to increase collaborative opportunities, engage in authentic learning, enhance STEAM experiences, and improve assessment practices schoolwide. All Saints’ classroom technology integration and Digital Citizenship curriculum will prepare students to succeed as global citizens in the 21st century.
All Saints' Technology Goals
- Technology Integration & Alignment
- Increase the consistency of digital tool use across divisions, departments and grade levels to improve student learning and increase engagement.
- Teach necessary technology skills such as typing and word processing that progresses throughout the grade levels.
- Provide a cohesive curriculum for teaching Digital Citizenship schoolwide.
- Professional Learning for Teachers
- Provide training for teachers to integrate technology as a vehicle to integrate project-based learning, Design Thinking, collaboration, personalization and other student-centered teaching methods.
- Provide targeted training to meet the needs of individual teachers.
- Increase collaboration about technology best practice across divisions, departments and grade levels.
- Digital Citizenship & Acceptable Use
- Educate students on internet safety and appropriate use of technology.
- Partner with counselors and Religion program to address character education and issues such as cyberbullying.
- Educate parents on the partnership between technology use at home and school, internet safety, social media, and healthy choices.
- Collaborative Use of Technology
- Encourage the use of various tools for communication among teachers, with students, and with parents.
- Use technology to increase authentic learning opportunities outside of school.
- Leverage technology such as digital pen pals and virtual field trips to increase students’ cultural competency and give them a wider view of the world.
- STEAM Experiences and Authentic Learning Opportunities
- Engage students in experiences such as the IDEA Lab / Makerspace / Exploratorium, coding, robotics, and other STEAM programs.
- Enhance project-based learning and Design Thinking through the use of technology.
- Provide opportunities for authentic learning such as exploring other places or carrying out experiments using Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality.
- Technology to Improve Formative & Summative Assessment
- Use technology to increase immediate feedback and better inform students and teachers about student progress.
- Explore new formative and summative assessment measures and techniques that would target the needs of the school population and meet the goals of the school.
N.A.I.S. Principles of Teaching & Learning in the Digital Age
- Educators research, evaluate, and employ technology as befits their mission and philosophy to provide differentiated personalized instruction and to achieve curricular goals.
- Educators understand that content is readily available with technology and design environments to transform the relationship between teacher and learner, engaging students in higher-order thinking skills, creation of content, and critical thinking.
- Educators embrace technologies that promote a culture of participatory and collaborative approaches to learning (such as inquiry-based, student-centered, flipped classroom, and project and problem-based learning).
- Educators model and empower learners to effectively practice media and information literacies inside and outside the classroom as content creators and consumers.
- Educators promote networking opportunities for their students and teachers to collaborate locally and globally.
- Educators evaluate opportunities to leverage online and/or hybrid learning environments and implement them when they enhance student learning.
- Educators explore technology-enriched and adaptive formative assessments for sophisticated and customized skills evaluation that reveal growth over time and that inspire intrinsic motivation to improve learning.