Woodstock Counseling Program
Mission and Goals
Welcome to the Woodstock Counseling Program website! Our goal is to provide a comprehensive counseling program that reaches all students' needs. We follow the ASCA Model that delivers three domains essential for student success: Academic, social/emotional, and career. Within these domains we strive to teach students self regulation skills and social skills that can promote their potential.
K-2: Each K-2 student will be able to identify emotions & 2 strategies to help them self-regulate. All students will learn how to solve minor/small problems through restorative practices.
3-5: All students will understand and demonstrate skills of upstander behavior in the school, community and online.
Our Role and What We Do
- A School Counselor works with all students to encourage a safe school climate of trust and respect
- Deliver classroom lessons that align to ASCA standards
- Facilitates small groups
- Meet individually with students to do individual counseling
- Help students who are struggling to make positive behavior choices
- Collaborate with parents/guardians, teachers, support staff, and administration
- Maintain confidentiality of students and their families unless there is a need to know or safety concern
- Provide education and information about students social-emotional needs