New Forest Academy
New Forest Academy is a thriving 11-18 comprehensive academy, educating children of all abilities. Through our business and enterprise specialism we challenge and encourage every child to achieve their full potential not just in terms of academic attainment but also in relation to the many extra-curricular opportunities and community activities that are on offer at the academy.
We are a fully inclusive academy, and believe in nurturing the talents and capabilities of all sections of our community. We continue the excellent work of our feeder schools and provide a huge range of curricular opportunities.
Our recent Ofsted inspection reported that our students enjoy coming to New Forest Academy, which contributes to the calm learning atmosphere you will find around the site. Click here for the Ofsted website and our recent reports.
Our aim is to enable students to leave New Forest Academy appropriately qualified and as mature, caring members of society, with the right level of qualifications.
Students at New Forest Academy develop the following attributes which fit strongly with our ethos:
- Confidence – having faith in themselves and in their ideas; concentrating on the positives and the successes
- Motivation – developing passion, drive and a desire to succeed
- Self-awareness – recognising their own strengths and areas for development
- Competitive drive – a focus on task completion, using initiative and seizing opportunities
- Willing to work hard – change is ongoing; learning from mistakes is critical
- Perseverance – having a strong desire to overcome obstacles
- Creativity – thinking of what “might be”; looking at problems as opportunities
- Willing to assume a risk – focus on good preparation and strategic thinking
- Ability to communicate – having an ability to speak and present fluently