Why study at GLIS
Why consider the Greater Lansing Islamic School?
- Muslim Character Building
- Healthy and a Disciplined Islamic Environment
- Islamic Studies and Arabic language
- Qur’anic memorization as a separate subject
- Caring teachers
- Certified teachers in all academic subjects
- Academic curriculum meeting Michigan standards, supported by state-of-the-art textbooks
- Low student-to-teacher ratio
- Competitive achievements in M STEPS and other standardized tests
- State-of-the-art building
- Upgraded computer, technology, and library facilities.
- Extra-curriculum activities (Girl Scouts. 4 H club)
- After School Tutoring- Homework club
- IPads and interactive smart boards
- Parent involvement
- Affordable - the lowest tuition of all Islamic schools in Michigan
Why your child should attend an Islamic School?
Khutba by Dr. Hassan Khalil on the importance of Islamic Schooling. How the Greater Lansing Islamic School in it's 16th year offers Quran, Arabic and Islamic Studies in addition to the core subjects that are taught in Public Schools. The Greater Lansing Islamic School is a private elementary/middle school in East Lansing, Michigan. Our mission is to offer an excellent comprehensive elementary education that will enable students to be competitive. The school also promotes the cultural, spiritual and intellectual heritage of Islam