Welcome to Broadmeadow! The Broadmeadow Parent Teacher Council (PTC) created the following checklist to help make the transition into the school community as smooth as possible. These tips should help you and your child feel informed and connected. If you have additional questions at any time, especially if your family is joining us mid-year, please contact us at SchoolCommunity@broadmeadowptc.org.
- Find out about Broadmeadow, the Needham Public Schools and the Town of Needham through the links on our New Families page
- Subscribe to the Broadmeadow School Listserv to receive email communication from the school, including school bulletins sent every Wednesday
- All new incoming families will have their email addresses added to the PTC Mailing List before school starts. When you receive your welcome email, please update your email address if you would like us to use a different address. PTC communication will be sent every Thursday with information on events and enrichment programs at school. If you join mid-year or would like to add additional email addresses to our list, click here to join our mailing list.
Get to Know the Broadmeadow Community
- For incoming Kindergartners, attend the Kindergarten Class Play Date with your child before school starts to get to know the children in your child's class. For transferring families, attend the New Family Reception prior to the PTC Open House.
- With your child, attend the PTC Open House before school starts to tour the school and see your child’s classroom
- Fill out the Broadmeadow Directory Update/Authorization form you receive at the beginning of the school year to have your contact information published in the Broadmeadow Family Directory. You will receive a copy of the Family Directory in late fall. The Directory is an invaluable resource for expanding your child’s relationships outside of school. If you would like a copy of last year’s directory, please contact Roberta Redpath in the main office.
- Attend Curriculum Night in September to meet your child’s teacher and learn what your child will be studying during the school year
- Attend the classroom-based parent coffee hosted by your classroom PTC Rep to get to know other parents in your child's classroom
- Attend the Principal’s Welcome Coffee in the fall to meet our Principal and find out news about the school year
- With your child, attend some of the many PTC Family Events throughout the year to meet other Broadmeadow families and have fun!
- Volunteer at an event or on one of our many committees. This is a great way to meet other parents and to stay involved with the school.
- Attend PTC Meetings to find out more about special school topics and PTC news
- Support our fundraisers! We can't maintain our many programs without your financial support.