NOTICE: Long John Jamboree has moved, but the race is still happening down on Yellowknife Bay! Get onto the bay from the boat launch as usual, and you will see a tent set up across the road from the original LJJ site - that will be the site of bib pick-up and race start!
Awards and draw prizes will be presented at Yellowknife Mountain Bike Club's tent at the main LJJ event later in the afternoon.
Saturday, March 30th at Long John Jamboree
Come ride in Yellowknife's only fat bike adventure race! Follow a groomed, marked, beginner-friendly trail through snowy taiga - choose between a 5 km and a 10 km course.
Thanks to awesome work from some dedicated volunteers, the trail is looking beautiful so far this year. Don't miss out!
Cost is $20 per participant, or $10 for members of YKMTBC!
Membership dues go towards running everyday club operations, events like group rides and trail building days, and helping us to promote cycling in and around Yellowknife. Not a member yet? No problem! Buy your membership HERE and save on race registration.
- Online registration closes at 8 pm on Friday March 29
- Cash registration at LJJ (YKMTBC tent) from 12-5 pm on Friday
- Check-in and bib pick-up at event start on Yellowknife Bay: 12-12:45 pm
Note: There will be a waiver to sign at check-in, so minors must have a guardian with them
- Race start: 1:00 pm
- Cut-off time and sweep: 3:00 pm
- Award ceremony at YKMTBC tent at LJJ site at 4:00 pm
- No helmet = no racing!
- If you're coming up behind another racer, pass on the left.
- If you fall, dismount, or stop for any reason, pick up your bike and move it off the trail and out of the way of other riders.
- Follow the course markers! There won’t be marshals at forks in the trail, except at the highway crossing on the 10 km loop.