Become a PTA Member
Your PTA is here to enrich every child's educational experience and foster a sense of community among the Woodland Meadows family. The families and staff at Woodland Meadows continuously collaborate to support students’ learning and healthy development. In order for the school to function effectively for the student's welfare, it is important for both staff members and parents to come together. Once together, the possibilities are endless and our students' learning experiences are enhanced immeasurably. This is well achieved by the Parent Teacher Association (PTA) at Woodland Meadows Elementary.
The Woodland Meadows PTA supports your child and we need your support!*
With one major fundraiser, and several other ongoing passive and active fundraising programs throughout the year, we hope to raise the funds needed to ensure our children continue to benefit from all of the fun and educational events they have come to love. But, we can't do it without YOU!
The easiest way to help is simply to become a member and volunteer.
To become a national member, annual dues are $7 per member. Please make checks payable to: Woodland Meadows PTA. Membership forms will be sent home the first week of school and can be returned to the school office or to your child's teacher. Your PTA membership entitles you to:
- Access to local, state, and national events, and voting rights at your local meetings
- Advocacy resources on academic standards, the Michigan Coalition to Prevent Gun Violence, federal legislation, public policy, and other hot topics
- Resources for parents on college planning, bullying and harassment, education, internet safety, teen driving safety, reading, and information for military families
- MPTA Webinar Series, PTA E-Learning Courses, fundraising ideas, and other resources for board members
- Programs for family engagement, health & safety, and scholarships
Membership does not require any of your time, but we would love to have you volunteer at one of our many events or fundraisers! Please email one of our Committee Chairs, or any board member, if you are interested in volunteering for a specific activity. Or, keep an eye out for opportunities in our weekly newsletter from our principal and on our Facebook page.
Thank you for your support!*Without your support through membership, donations, and volunteering, the enrichment provided to the children throughout the year may be limited.