Discord, discordapp.com, is a modern team audio communication method. It has a great app for your computer but can also be used in your browser. Also allows video chats and screen sharing.
- You need a headset or some combination of microphone-speakers.
- Go to the bottom left of the app and click the settings gear. Under Voice and Video you can test and adjust your mic and output (speakers). Voice Activity seems to work well, so we use it instead of push-to-talk.
- Hit ESC to get back to the main app
- When you join us, click on the Lobby channel of Team XC, or a team channel if we are flying there.
Get Discord app for your phone. Android and iOS.
- It will give you a backup way to talk in flight if your computer has an audio problem.
- You can see the text-chat from your phone.