我们想——不,是必须对这刻意的羞辱
We wish, no must make our disgust
表达我们的愤慨
for this abuse perfectly clear
苏联人是来下棋的,美国人是在干嘛
We're here for chess Are the US?
若也想下棋,为何要把气氛弄得乌烟瘴气
If so, why foul the atmosphere?
我也要抗议 我们想——不,是必须对这刻意的羞辱
I must protest We wish, no must make our disgust
我们代表团有一堆有理由指控的点
Our delegation has a host of valid points to raise
我方棋手的体育精神无可挑剔
Our player’s sporting attitude’s beyond all praise
任何中立人士都能证明
As any neutral would attest
但我们承认,苏联的棋手曲解规则并非一个人的错
But we concede the fact his masters bend the rules is not a player’s fault –
若对方撤回他们粗鲁的政治攻击,那我们也能保留抗议立场的同时继续比赛 你怎么能这样说
If they withdraw their crude political assault then under protest will proceed How can you make such a claim?
第17条 若你方棋手真如此温和
Point 17 If your man's so sweet
在场馆里 那他说出那些咄咄逼人的话又作何解释
No one-way screen Then why his fighting talk?
不允许穿戴 若他不想作弊
Will be allowed If he's not a cheat
单向透视墨镜 那又为什么 他要一走了之
In the hall Then why on earth did he go take a walk?
他要一走了之
Did he go take a walk?
我一点都不惊讶 为何任凭他离开
I am not surprised Why let him loose?
他只是想呼吸新鲜空气 他很快就会把
He wanted fresher air He'll soon reduce
因为他发现 这场伟大的赛事
Once he realized This great event
和你们公平公正地比赛 变成一场闹剧
There was no hope To a brawl
根本是痴人说梦
Of your lot playing fair
多么可悲啊 真的很遗憾
How sad to see It's very sad to see
眼睁睁看着 这个古老又独特的运动项目曾经是
What used to be The ancient and distinguished game that used to be
气氛彬彬有礼,心平气和的典范
A model of decorum and tranquility
也变得像和其他运动一样
Become like any other sport
笑脸下隐藏着一个你死我活的对立意识形态的战场
A battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee
在这剑拔弩张的争论中 我们想——不,是必须对这刻意的羞辱
Through the elegant yelling We wish, no must, make our disgust
通过“优雅”的叫嚷声 表达我们的愤慨
Of this compelling dispute At this abuse perfectly clear
引发了我一个极坏的猜测 苏联人是来下棋的,美国人是在干嘛
Comes the ghastly suspicion We're here for chess -- are the U.S.?
我的对手精神和性向都不正常 若也想下棋,为何要把气氛弄得乌烟瘴气
My opposition's a fruit If so, why foul the atmosphere?
我不觉得 第23条
I don't suppose Point 23
你会明白他经受着的 比赛用的棋盘
You'd understand the strain The board will be
是何等大的压力 是瑞典制造的
and pressure getting where he's got Made in Sweden
因此你可以只称他是个很神经质的人 用的是完全中立的材料
For then you'd simply call him highly strung and not Non-aligned wood
不必暗示他是那种怪里怪气的人
Imply that he was one of those
但他对你这么差 看起来对我们而言
But how can you It seems to us
你为什么仍然 在这儿等下去毫无意义
Work for one who There's little point in waiting here
做他的助手 等一晚上他可能也不会回来
Treats you like dirt? all night for his return
薪水肯定很丰厚吧 既然和平的比赛是我们唯一关切的事
Pay must be good And since a peaceful match is our sole concern
我们不会像你们一样大惊小怪
We won't make an official fuss
我不是为了钱 简而言之
I'm not getting rich In short we rise
我唯一感兴趣的是 我们可比你们格局大的多
My only interest Above your guy's
投入我的精力 是你们在发脾气、闹情绪
in something which Tantrums, dramas,
让我有机会 尽耍肮脏的小手段
Gives me the chance Dirty tricks
和世界第一一起工作
Of working with the best.
我只能说 第31条
I can only say Point 31
希望你梦想成真吧 中午开始的比赛
I hope your dream comes true No game begun
在不远的将来 不会持续到
Till that far-off day By noon goes on
愿你还能陪伴在 六点后
I hope you cope After six
世界第二的身边
With helping number two.
多么可悲啊 这真是令人遗憾
How sad It’s very sad to see the ancient
眼睁睁看着 这个古老又独特的运动项目曾是
To see And distinguished game that used to be
气氛彬彬有礼,心平气和的典范
A model of decorum and tranquility
也变得像和其他运动一样
Become like any other sport
笑脸背后是你死我活的对立意识形态的战场
A battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee