这是我最想避免的
This is the one situation
一个尴尬的情形
I wanted most to avoid
我说什么都不能让他相信这不是圈套
Nothing I say will convince him this isn't a trick
在晴朗的月夜下,我们共饮
A drink on a clear moonlit night
我放松了,她微笑着
I relax, she smiles
有件不愉快的事正在发生
There's something unpleasant going on
真是说巧不巧,让我来收拾这烂摊子
So with immaculate timing, I'm left to carry the can
我又尴尬、又孤独、又无助
Embarrassed, outnumbered, marrooned--
而她应该不是为他们工作的——
Now she can't be working for them -
我指的是我们
I mean us
她看起来很直率
She seems so very straightforward--
但他又在哪儿
But where is he?
他必须要回来——他也想要这次会面,不是吗
He has to come back--he wanted this meeting, well didn't he?
可能他是害怕了,就像他在比赛时一样
Maybe he's scared--just as scared as he was in the game
噢,我才不在乎
Oh, I just couldn't care less
他可以一意孤行,毁掉自己的职业生涯
He can go right ahead, go and wreck his career
我知道我已尽了最大努力
I know I've done my best
那至少她是个漂亮的密探
Well, at least she's a good-looking spy
若这位苏联朋友觉得我的计划
What if my Russian friend thinks that my plans
跟象棋毫无关系的话该怎么办?
have nothing to do with the chess?
如果我不开口,很快
If I don't say something, and soon
他就会离开
He'll go
可能我不站在任何人一边
Maybe I'm on nobody's side
请听我说,我讨厌破坏气氛
Listen, I hate to break up the mood
让我们直入正题,奏起乐章
Get to the point, begin the beguine
你有没有发现 在这田园诗般美好的场景里
Haven't you noticed we're a protaganist short
我们还差一个关键角色
In this idyllic, well-produced scene?
我只能说,在几分钟前
All I can say is moments ago
他还在这里,跟我一起等待
He was right here ready and waiting
不管他了 我根本不想见他
Never mind him I haven't missed him so far
也许没有他在场
Maybe it won't do any harm
继续说下去也无妨
to struggle on without his charm
有趣的是,我突然觉得
Funny how all at once I feel
他就算当场从山上跳下去,我也不在乎
That he can go jump off the mountain I won't care
此情此景,我本最想避免
This is the one situation I wanted most to avoid
我亲爱的对手,我真的不知道为何你这么想
My dear opponent--I really can't imagine why
所以我不危险吗
So I am not dangerous then?
真遗憾
What a shame!
你当然不危险——谁会那样觉得
Oh you're not dangerous--who could think that of you?
你——你真奇怪
You--you are so strange--
为什么你还没有露出真面目
Why can't you be what you ought to be?
你应该诡计多端,令人迷惑,聪明过了头
You should be scheming, intriguing, too clever by half
我由衷敬佩你
I have to hand it to you
你成功让我忘记了
For you've managed to make me forget why
为什么我会同意参加这场闹剧
I ever agreed to this farce
不知为何,我思绪紊乱
I don't know why I can't think of anything
比起虚度光阴
I would rather do
我更想和你一起
than be wasting my time
在山上消磨时间
On mountains with you