我本以为一般的感情关系
I would have thought in the average affair
初现裂痕时的小事是微不足道的
That the first hint of trouble would be
应该几乎难以察觉、容易翻篇才对
Oh so small; barely perceptible, easy to miss
为什么我们的“小事”却上了电视
Why is ours on TV?
听我说——你跟我一样清楚
Listen--you know as I do
我们的感情根本没有变
Nothing's altered at all
我一点也不想——
I have no intention--
可你的私人生活
Your personal life's
却成了新闻头条!
The lead on the news!
这怎么能忽视的了?
How do we ignore that?
我能,而且我必须忽视它
I do and I must because otherwise I say
否则我将告别卫冕头衔的希望
Goodbye to my hopes of retaining my title
若我屈服于这种情绪勒索,我就完了
If I should succumb to emotional blackmail I'm done--
那就管好你自己吧,世界冠军
Looking after number one!
你这是什么意思
What do you mean?
我的意思是,你总是说“我”怎样怎样
I mean it's always I this and I that
那“我们”的关系呢
What happened to us?
我只想说,我必须确保
All that I'm saying is I must make certain
没有任何事物能让我从棋局中分心
That nothing distracts me from chess
当我赢了之后
When I've won
我再去处理那些次要的事情
Then I'll attend to the secondary things--
比如“次要”的我,是吗
Things like me I suppose
怎么可能——你现在的反应
No, no--you're reacting
就是他们想要的
Exactly the way that they want
我必须这样做
It's the way I have to
若心怀忧虑,我就不能拖延
If I feel concerned I can't put it off
必须即刻面对
And come back to it later
好吧,若你铁了心要正中他们下怀
Well if you're determined to jump when they tell you
那你最好独自行动
Then maybe it's best that you do it alone
看看电视,看看报纸,过过悲伤的日子
Watch TV, read the papers, have the miserable time of your life
甚至可以打电话给我妻子
You could even call my wife!